Wow. 2017. I had to type that like twice before I could untrain my fingers to type “2016”. How are you guys? Happy for the new year? Not so happy for the new year? Meh about the new year?
I’m excited for the new year. Everything is… new. I’m starting a new semester with new classes, I’m very close to entering a new aspect of writing, I have new story idea floating around in my head just begging to be let out. There’s gonna be new opportunities, new friends to be made, new places to explore… newness everywhere! There are new chances to take in the in the New Year–chances to do better than last year. It’s just… exhilarating!
But anyways, I came here to talk about my writing goals for the New Year.
G O A L S F O R 2 0 1 7 :
- Finish edits from my editor. I haven’t gotten my manuscript back yet, but as soon as I do, I want to finish up the editing and make Listening to Destiny all nice and shiny.
- Start querying agents. As soon as I’m done with the edits for Listening to Destiny, I want to start querying agents. I want to get on the road to publishing as soon as possible and prove to all the naysayers that I actually can do this. Ya hear me, naysayers? I can do this!
- Get this new idea out of my head and down on paper. There is nothing more exciting, or annoying, than having a new idea floating around in your head. I think that I can go far with it, I just need the gumption to get it out of my head and keep writing even when the writing gets tough.
- Write at least 30 minutes every weekday and an hour every day on the weekend. Sure. I’m gonna be busy. Some days I’m not gonna wanna do that. But I can. And I will. I gotta get back on track with my scheduled “writing time.
- Blog once a week. That’s a new goal for me as this is a new blog, but I definitely want to be blogging regularly, and I think once a week is a good starting point.
I think these are doable, but challenging goals for my new year and I can’t wait to get started on them! Thanks for reading guys! Watch out for wooden nickles.
P.S. What goals do you have for 2017?